Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blue 1:
UUSEEE and SEEDED.
Yup, that's my mid-year and promo results respectively. Sigh, I'm the only one who got a S-uper grade for Econs in my class. I'm still in the midst of contemplating whether to drop it or not. But the H1 students doing econs now have learnt Macroeconomics already though. If I do drop it, I'd be going through the stuff I've learnt this year and have to catch up on macro on my own. Yet, maybe it is the better choice since I'd have more time for my other subjects. Hm. Maths was disappointing.. 16 marks flew across my face because of moments of carelessness. :( make that 23, cos I skipped the Maclaurin's series question. Anyway, the holiday homework are slowly seeping into the hands of students already.
It's just irritating.
Blue 2:
Imagine zaosia-ing whenever you try to sing. Like "Ahhhhh...-AH-...ahhhh". Listening to the songs you like but not able to sing them when you could. My voice is on crutches now. Yeah, but looking on the brighter side of things, I am able to speak normally, cough less, and feel slightly better. Less frustrated? Maybe not.
Hmm...
There are so many friends that do care, but, will they understand..? This world seems to be going too fast. Many people think that if one doesn't keep up with the pace, they will lag behind. But what about that part on slowing down? Is slowing down wrong? Who says that the race of life was all about being first? Is that it? So...there's some trophy there huh. Why not reach down and lift others up?
"What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see the broad daylight,
Streams full of stars like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait til her mouth can,
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
Leisure, William Henry Davies"
Just think about it.
The feeling these few days just sucks.. When you mix blue and blue and blue, what do you get?
I try, really hard. Patience, resilience and forgiveness are some of the things I hold on to. But understanding is all I ask for. Why don't people take a look at things and people in a different way and understand? Understanding is not simply knowing something. Is the breadth or length of life so much more important than the depth? Sigh. There's so much to it to say it all at a go. Not understanding just makes things more difficult for people.. For the fact that people may just take advantage of that and step on your toes, forgiveness sometimes makes yourself vulnerable..
Is it foolish of people to uphold those values and principles? Does taking an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth actually put to rest the existence of oppressors in the world? Why can't there be a little more understanding in the world?
If there was more understanding, there would be less disputes. With less disputes, there would be less altercations...and there would be no need for revenge. Understanding is merely the garden for seeds of love to be planted.
To uphold those values and love, may mean taking a risk.. A really big one sometimes.
Sigh.. I believe all of us have had our own bite of the bittergourd fruit because of giving. Because of love.
Will we all roll the dice and take the gamble? Or shall we just hide away and live our lives individually out of fear, again?
It sucks sometimes to be the eldest, to have the natural responsibility to guide my siblings, to be patient with them, to discover things on my own, to love...
I guess it would all mean to love.....without hoping to be appreciated.
But in time to come, I pray that people all around, will see the light, understand, and love.
"Fear knocks on the door.
Faith opens it.
But no one was there."
I will be unafraid.
Christopher Lye blogged at 4:30 PM
Change your world
to change the world.