Saturday, November 22, 2008

HIPS Musical was entertaining :) I went out with my family to watch it at RJC. Primary school students performing a musical, how does that sound to you? Simple? Of course it is not as sophisticated as the ones like Les Miserables and the Phantom of the Opera. But I think they have put in their best in the musical.

Sometimes, it's the simple things in life that gives us most meaning.
The musical was about a village boy who aspired to do something more than just stay and work in the village. He wanted to scale a mountain. That was his ambition, however, many villagers disapproved of that and told him he should just remain a village boy and help out in the work instead of day-dreaming. The boy's parents did not give him the support he very much needed. They advised him to let go of that dream of his. But he persisted and embarked on his journey. He met various people along the way. The boy met tribes which welcome him and gave him food and blessings as he continued on. But, during his expedition, he questioned himself, and wondered why he was doing all that, weighing whether it was actually worth it. Just when he thought of turning back, a group of campers asked him to join them. They gave him warm clothing and the equipment for his journey. He continued walking and climbing the mountain. At last! He made it! The flag that he placed on the peak of the mountain was the mark of his achievement for all to see. There was celebration all day for his success.

He had proven the village people wrong. Yes he did. But that was nothing compared to proving himself right. :)

--------------------
While walking back to
Bishan Mrt, this was what I saw:

It's been a long time since I've seen God's promise. Two thousand and eight years it has been, and forever it will be.
God is King.
---------------------------
Some things in life are delivered on your dinner plate as a simple dish. You grow in the way you digest them. That kayaking experience I had enlightened me much. Our instructors threw us a question to deliberate over. They asked us to find meaning in our journey on day 3 where we headed for the Causeway. Was it just to touch the Causeway? Or was there something deeper in that?
I thought that touching the Causeway was it initially, for the fact that we were the first batch to do so. But I guess there was more to it. Kayaking all the way there was rather monotonous, and it was a struggle to do so. At some points, I had to 'fight' to stay awake.
Touching the wall of the Causeway meant patience, endurance, teamwork, discipline and leadership.
Like the kayaking journey, a musical produced by primary school students may seem simple to many, but looking deeper, it is meaningful.
The complexity of simplicity is indeterminable.
Christopher Lye blogged at 9:40 PM
Change your world
to change the world.