Photobucket

Saturday, January 10, 2009



For One More Day



http://blogs.nlb.gov.sg/highbrowseonline/wp-content/uploads/images/BookCovers/mitch_albom_for_one_more_day.jpg

I'll be embarking on a new school journey in two days time. Somehow or other, this same phrase of "I don't think I'm ready yet" that would resonate every year. Don't you guys experience that too? It's like there's forever this little bit of thing that you have lacked and have not done.


Life appears to be a never-ending puzzle, where enough is never enough.


The desire to live, comes from the yearning to make a difference in this world. Conversely, the desire for death, would be the lost of that yearning. When we want to live and make a difference in this world, be it good or bad, we have found a meaning to live for another day. There is a direction for us to follow. By nature, humans are beings who are lost, who look for something to follow, and some purpose.


"Why are we here for?" is the question that people who seek meaning in life ask.


I suppose we could first look at who we are. What is our identity? If we are aware of who we are, we would then know who we are to follow. For those who are contemplating death, spare a thought just once more, and rediscover who you really are and what your identity is.


We are God's children, predestined for heaven.

If we were to die today, and we know it, are we ready? Or is there something more that we would want to do here on this Earth?


If you could live for one more day, how would you make a difference and touch the lives of others?


What would you do?

-----------------------------------------------------

Lately, I find that people just come into my life and many leave after that. You know it just happens so fast. Too fast for me to take another glance at them and understand them better. The times when I have with acquaintances are way short. Not all of them would eventually want to become friends, but it's alright. Guess all there is for us, not just me, is to empower each other and tell them of Him.


If I could make a difference in your life for a lifetime, would you let me?

-----------------------------------------------------

We went to our grandparents' place today.

Looking at my brother and my cousin play the cars and planes that I used to play made me think as if it were yesterday...


After dinner, I went on to do up an e-mail and reading a book, the rest of my family were watching the last episode of The Little Nyonya. We didn't talk much to my grandparents. That was it, about 2 hours. Time just flew.


My grandma's dishes never failed to be less spectacular. There was so much love in the food...


I thought I could have done more, talked to them more...



I'll do more while I still can.

Christopher Lye blogged at 11:01 PM

Change your world
to change the world.


Me

 | 



i am, christopher lye
21 on 15 March 2012






Friends

CJC Shooting Club
Amos
Cassandra
Christine
Dennis
Evelyn
Huibing
Joel
John
Junyi
Phyllis
Rowena
Sock Han
Trisha
Weili
Wilbur
Wynee



Get aSALTed!

Get aSALTed!




The Heart Cry





The Afterglow


2008
September
October
November
December

2009
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August

2010
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2011
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2012
January
February
March
April
May





Credits

Blogskins
Fonts (Dobkin)
Main Pic
Imageshack


some of the images and videos are taken from Google images and Youtube videos respectively

the links have been provided where possible