
Saturday, January 24, 2009

May God always be our guide in words, thoughts, and actions.
------------------------------------------------
So I eventually went for the Shooting BBQ at Clarence's house. While waiting for 966, the sky looked dark but amidst that was light. Thank you God for the gift of sight.
On the bus, there came an elderly lady who boarded the bus. She looked normal to me and everything seemed alright as I listened to my mp3.
"Tap what tap! People don't have card cannot issit??! You don't know how to think ah. You don't know how to think!" yelled the lady from a few seats back.
My. That jolted me out of my music. Apparently, the lady didn't tap her card and to the bus driver, it looked as if she showed utter disregard about paying the bus fares.
Well, the bus driver was quite composed still and asked the lady to tap her card otherwise everyone will be kept waiting on the bus.
"Tap what tap! You really don't know how to think!" shouted the lady as the coins went clanking down the ticketing machine.
I think it was quite a bad day for her already. Then perhaps it just took a little spark to "pop the hydrogen-concentrated lady". All of us would have our bad days too, sometime or other. Who knows? Maybe all it took was for someone to give her a warm and sincere smile to brighten up her day. :D
-------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I changed to bus 16 and made my way down to Siglap area. I alighted a little too early and had to walk quite a little. Heading towards Siglap Centre, I dropped by Cold Storage to get some stuff and then continued walking.
Hmmmm...
Yeah, I suppose this was the part where I got lost. :p Unknowingly, I hiked all the way up along terraces and passed Elite Towers!! Argh. Luckily there was a couple and a lady somewhere at the side of the road who were making a sales agreement. Feeling rather directionless, I approached them and asked where I should go. Not only did they give me the right directions, they offered to ride me all the way there.
:D
Thank God!
As I got into the car, the female seller remarked "Eh I better remember yall just in case you murder him."
Hahahaha!
I didn't die though. :p
The couple asked for $2.50 jokingly too.
------------------------------------------------------
I had a nice time catching up with my seniors at the barbecue. :) J4s and J3s comprised them. I was quite disappointed by the turn up by the J2s, especially with those who didn't have a real excuse for not going to the barbecue. Hmmm... Having gatherings like these are for socialising with people whom you may not have met before, and catching up with those you know. The reasons for not going should never be because of close friends not going.
I get lots of this question "Who is going for the barbecue?"
I hope you all understand.
Anyway...
I heard all the army stories and experiences that my seniors shared with one another. They mentioned all the trannies and the transformers. Hahaha and Tingwei's actions and accents were the best.
I thought about how it will be for me in about a year's time in NS...
There was a lot of food there man, chicken kebabs, mutton satays, chicken satays, stingray, sotong, cheese sausages, steak, buffalo wings, barbecued wings, fried rice, etc.
Clarence forgot to buy marshmallows so Sean came up with a delicious substitute, barbecued french toast! :D AWESOME. Crispy on the outside, buttery and soft on the inside.
And we wanted to throw Sinyean into the pool but I guess it was running late already. (awwww) That's the BBQ ritual. Lol.Don, Sinyean, Nic. ARM!!!! :D
And finally...
Great day. :)


