Photobucket

Tuesday, January 20, 2009



So close yet so far



http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2189/2279253649_e571f2b7ec.jpg?v=1203541910

You know this guy? He's Obama.

One Black American Managing Americans. Lol no offence. :p

Anyway, today's the inauguration of Obama as the first black president. There shouldn't be any hardcore racists today anymore. Being a black American doesn't make him less capable of bringing a country at its lowest points to greater heights.


However, what defines a ruler is the things that lie within him- his values, his beliefs and hopefully, God, for all goodness comes from Him. :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Today's mass PE was a great start of physical fitness activity for this year! Woooh shiok. We did two rounds around CJ within 11 minutes, and three sets of things like: standard pumping, diamond pumping, spider (wide-arm) pumping, supermans (reverse-crunches), star jumps, jumping jacks, leg tugs and sit ups. Last but not least, GST! Or less commonly known as... Grand Stand Torture. We did 10 sets of that. Yeah, 27 stadium steps. Up and down counts as one.


I miss my days of exercising at the fitness corner. Shiwei would usually accompany me down and we would train quite hard to meet personal goals. Joel would join us if he was free too. Since we didn't have any gym facilities any nearby, that fitness corner sufficed. We made use of what there was and invented our own exercises. xD Stuff like vertical sit-ups, tiger pumping...


That was when all the discipline came I suppose. No matter how busy we were, we would still make the effort down at around 5pm to exercise. Hmm.. Well that was secondary school training. We'd come down for exercise in primary school too.


-thinks-


Years passed, and here we are, busier than ever. Much has happened to each of us, and keeping a routine is what we are lacking in already. I remember that if I did not get exercise one day, I'd feel tired and I would get some strange feeling.


Sigh.


It's like A-B-C, and yet, so close yet so far. In JC, hardly anyone I know lives near me. As in the really really near.


"Long-distance relationships do not last" is what I usually come across. But perhaps I guess there's a twist to this theory. If long distance is referred to as the physical proximity between people, then I believe that there's a way that the relationship would last. Maybe whoever wrote that meant "long distance" as the things that come in the way of the relationship.


Eventually it will be the effort and commitment that is put into the relationship or friendship to blossom and become something spectacular.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I've solved my knee problem for shooting as well. :)


One step nearer to my target.



65 days to go.

Christopher Lye blogged at 8:28 PM

Change your world
to change the world.


Me

 | 



i am, christopher lye
21 on 15 March 2012






Friends

CJC Shooting Club
Amos
Cassandra
Christine
Dennis
Evelyn
Huibing
Joel
John
Junyi
Phyllis
Rowena
Sock Han
Trisha
Weili
Wilbur
Wynee



Get aSALTed!

Get aSALTed!




The Heart Cry





The Afterglow


2008
September
October
November
December

2009
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August

2010
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2011
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2012
January
February
March
April
May





Credits

Blogskins
Fonts (Dobkin)
Main Pic
Imageshack


some of the images and videos are taken from Google images and Youtube videos respectively

the links have been provided where possible