Photobucket

Saturday, January 17, 2009



Week 2



This whole week has been a long one for me and looking at my schedule, next week doesn't seem any shorter. Chemistry remedial lessons may have to be overridden by trainings.


My revision for chemistry hasn't even started. By the way, I hardly got a grasp of what was taught last year. I'm not trying to be humble or a closet mugger here. It's not only chemistry. There are loads to remember for bio too. Maths, supposedly my best in secondary school, isn't at it's best here so far. Thankfully project work and hopefully Mother Tongue would be subjects I do not need to see this year. I haven't gotten the hang of econs too. Neither have I for G.P.


Last year we got quite close to winning medals and trophies for the team. I have to work much harder this year. SAFRA is now more packed with people. There is no "refractory period" for everyone else to train in school now that Nationals have been brought forward. Competition venue has been taken up. I guess I have to resort to late school trainings and walk-in details that start at 7.30pm. Besides, I would have to be there early to get a lane otherwise I'd be making a futile trip.


A walk-in detail would mean that I reach home about 10.30pm. Following that is time with God and family. I hope I can use the snippets of time I have from commuting to do up schedules, planning, homework and revision.


Wow.


Teachers are all making themselves available for consultation already. I am glad to have them so 'readily available'. Hmm. But I've got to do some catching up first I guess, can't afford to ask them for help without first getting some basics into my head.

A few days back, I went for an extra lesson. I was eager to learn and revise my concepts for that subject. When I plonked myself on the seat and sat next to my classmate, my teacher came by and told me this, "You are not here to talk to her."

What??! I took my time off to attend that lesson though I could have spent it on my own revising stuff myself and that was the remark that I received.


Wow.


There is a club bbq on the 24th, I know many of us have other outings and many more would want to study. I want to study too. But do I have a choice? If everyone can just come, I guess it would be more enjoyable and after that, we can all study.


Band meetings are hard to organise now. My members have as busy a schedule as I have. All three of us are presidents. Hah. I was hoping that perhaps twice in a month at least, and when we meet up, we must come prepared. All of us.


I can't give my full commitment to church band as yet either. As and when they really need manpower, that would be when I try to make it.


CJ needed people for their music ministry, I stepped up. Their meetings would be in the mornings before assembly. I pray that the Catholic spirit will be rekindled in all our hearts once again. Work seems to overshadow the importance of the spiritual facet of one's life.


A's are a few months away... Everyone's rushing, mugging, and strapping all their weapons and ammunition on themselves, preparing for the major battle of 2009. I'm like only armed with a dagger...


Man... At this moment, I really wish to become some super hero. Although it is just week 2, forseeing all the things that are yet to come makes me wish for something to overcome it later.


People here, people there... One thing after another not anymore because everything's concurrent.



I wish I could be omnipresent.



Abba Father, be my guide...

Christopher Lye blogged at 3:40 PM

Change your world
to change the world.


Me

 | 



i am, christopher lye
21 on 15 March 2012






Friends

CJC Shooting Club
Amos
Cassandra
Christine
Dennis
Evelyn
Huibing
Joel
John
Junyi
Phyllis
Rowena
Sock Han
Trisha
Weili
Wilbur
Wynee



Get aSALTed!

Get aSALTed!




The Heart Cry





The Afterglow


2008
September
October
November
December

2009
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August

2010
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2011
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2012
January
February
March
April
May





Credits

Blogskins
Fonts (Dobkin)
Main Pic
Imageshack


some of the images and videos are taken from Google images and Youtube videos respectively

the links have been provided where possible