
Sunday, February 08, 2009
While walking along the void deck, I saw this ^^. Ants were all scurrying around and many of them gathered together at the dead cockroach to try and lift it up the curb. Haha, I personally don't have a strong liking for insects, but it tingled my curiosity, so I stood by and watched at how they worked.
So much effort was put into lifting this cockroach up that curb. At least thirty ants were at the cockroach's perimeter. "1, 2, 3...Pull!" was what the ants seemed to be saying. But no matter how hard they tried, nothing worked for them. Their efforts went down the drain with every attempt. It's at the last moment, when the cockroach was about to be completely pulled up, it would fall back down again. Hmm..and they did that about five plus times already.
Passersby gave me the weird look and I guess they must have thought, "Why is that guy standing there?", "What is he looking at?", "What is so interesting?" and so on.
It was nothing extraordinary, really. A cockroach being pulled up by some ants that come crawling over and their attempts being crushed everytime again.
Like what is the meaning of all this? What made me want to stay there for another while?
Then I recalled:
"Without God, we cannot.
Without us, God will not."


