
Saturday, February 28, 2009
So I woke up and did some chem homework, and brought it along with me as we went out as a family to take a ride on the Singapore Flyer. Other than occasions, my family hasn't gone out together on weekends for a very long time. Although not all of us went, most of us did. My grandma went along too. :)
Trio!
All monkeys! Haha! (born in the year of the monkeys) :)
Wow.
Back to trishaw days.
THE Singapore Explorer.
Just my grandma and me.
We had to get on the capsules quickly cos it didn't stop for us!
Haha, looks like a roller-coaster to me.
Get on board people! (Capsule after ours)
:D
With each increment in height, it got more breath-taking. Especially when it looked as if it were going to rain.
IR!
Corkscrew Ferris Wheel! We weren't turned upside down luh. Haha
Theatres on the bay.
Never too young for heights! That's...my bro. ;)
Higher...
Higher...
Highest.
165 metres from the ground, 1.32pm on a Saturday afternoon.
Was that meant to be a heart?
Construction in progress. "Perfection takes time..."
Hey, I see the Merlion! (not yet struck by lightning)
Down, down...in an earlier round...
Ants man.
It looks like some postcard picture of Singapore! Lol
F1!
It lasted around half-an hour I think.
I saw a beetle on the railing. Shiny shiny.
Russian Roulette.
We lunched at Jalapeno's Pepper, a Mexican restaurant.
-----------------------------------------------------
I don't know when it would next be that we can go out as a family. To me, it's something just as important as studies. I'm not trying to escape my problems, and neither am I afraid to face them. It's that I never want to have any regrets in my life for not spending enough time with my family while God gives me another day with them. I hardly have time to talk to all my family members in a typical school day. When I'm back home, I'm back to work. Haha, ironic, isn't it?
As much as we have tried having prayer time to connect with each other every night, temporal barriers sometimes still set us apart. Some of us might already be sleeping, some not back yet, some just have too much to do.
If teachers ever ask me why, going out with my family won't be my excuse, and it will never be. Cos both have to be part of my life somehow. I only hope that they would understand too.
I recall reading somewhere that any parent would never say that they would have to work more to earn more money and then compromise the time they have with their kids and family. At the end of the day, in their hearts, they would never place work at a higher level than who they call family. You will never hear a father or a mother say "I wished I had more time to spend at work than with my kids." You will only hear "How I wish I had more time for my family and kids."
------------------------------------------------------
The only CAUSE for the existence of the phenomenon of OPPORTUNITY COST is TIME. Just imagine this: If only you were given 72 hours a day and everyone else 24 hours (assuming that you can talk and listen at the same speed but magically have more time), how much more will you be able to accomplish? Then what if time could stand still for you? What would you do?
Think economics, and it will all fall into place actually.
"Due to limited TIME (resources) and unlimited ACTIVITIES (demands/wants), the LACK OF TIME (scarcity) arises and a CHOICE has to be made, incurring an OPPORTUNITY COST."
If you really think about it, time does not exist. It is only a means for us to relate to one another. It is relative from subject to subject.
But what we should be concerned about most is what we rank important with the 'time' that we have in our hands.
In other words, what do we want to do with our lives?
Is it all the fun that we want to remember? Or is there something more?
Pause, and think now...
...for we do not have the chance to rewind...
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/06/23/arts/23clic.600.jpg
...and change what we would have wanted to.


