Photobucket

Wednesday, March 18, 2009



Chasing The Sunset



Along the park, along the pavements...


-pause-


It was 6.42pm. The sun was on its way down. I was at the flyover.



Blading down the noisy cemented drains, it seemed as if darkness was going to loom over the setting sun.



The sun's rays beamed through the gaps of the residential buildings...



...making it a really Holy sight.



Blading on the lonely pavements at the parallels of the empty road, roving for eye-catching sights.



The man-made machine drifted pass above me on the tracks that guide it to the next station.



Left it was, the sun and its golden rays. That was where I maneuvered myself to.



Trees that stand straight and tall seemed to be giving their last salute to their giver of energy.



Light was reflected on the tracks- I followed it.



The scaffolds of new estates was overshadowed by the sun that stood behind them.



Yellow and bright...



Cranes, like giraffes, looked intently towards the direction of the sun.



Stride by stride, I continued following the tracks.



Waiting for the GO signal by the green man...




I came to a halt after the left bend.



Golden.



I climbed up the elevated grass patch while the sun hung low at the sky.



I trekked towards it.



I was directly underneath the tracks that glimmered in a tinge of yellow, orange, and gold.



At that instant, I just knew that a 2 megapixel camera phone could not capture how beautiful the sunset was. The panoramic capture of the sunset on my Sony Ericsson was incomparable to the indescribable moment.



I said a prayer and thanked God for that moment.



Along the drains I walked toward Punggol Station, with my gaze still on the sun's face.



One last glance, on the glass doors of the MRT station.



As I wheeled back home, and thought that everything was over, I looked back at the sky... and there I saw, a shooting star.

My God is AMAZING.

I made a wish.

I tried to capture it down but unfortunately, it was too small to be seen.

Immediately after trying to do so, a flock of birds flew past above me.

I drew a deep breath and closed my eyes. I could feel God's omnipresence at that very instant.



Call it magical, call it a wonder, call it His lovely pieces of art.

These are just mere passing images, but we are worth more than that to have been loved and saved by the Lord.


------------------------------------------------------

Do you see the same sunset that I do?
We shall capture every sunset together.
If only I knew who you were...

Christopher Lye blogged at 8:05 PM

Change your world
to change the world.


Me

 | 



i am, christopher lye
21 on 15 March 2012






Friends

CJC Shooting Club
Amos
Cassandra
Christine
Dennis
Evelyn
Huibing
Joel
John
Junyi
Phyllis
Rowena
Sock Han
Trisha
Weili
Wilbur
Wynee



Get aSALTed!

Get aSALTed!




The Heart Cry





The Afterglow


2008
September
October
November
December

2009
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August

2010
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2011
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2012
January
February
March
April
May





Credits

Blogskins
Fonts (Dobkin)
Main Pic
Imageshack


some of the images and videos are taken from Google images and Youtube videos respectively

the links have been provided where possible