Photobucket

Tuesday, March 31, 2009



Nationals 2009



Ah, heck. I'm posting it anyway cos I believe it will inspire now or it'll expire soon. -.-

-----------------------------------------------------

I spent Monday thinking about how I could get back to form. We had an hour of training shooting 20 tens only. I almost got it done- 19 tens in 33 shots. I think I was almost getting back to where I was before.


Ah. I missed morning mass as well.. Went to the Adoration Room and met my mum and bro there. Thank goodness there are such places that you can literally bring yourself away from the world and all its noise and just spend quiet quality time with your God. :)


-----------------------------------------------------

Food-note:


The Tau Suan at Kopitiam was expensive man... ($1.80!!!), the Chicken cutlet opposite SAFRA was monster-like and the Jerk BBQ at BBQ Chicken at Northpoint was quite nice though their portion was small.


Anyway, here it is:


Nationals 2009: 96+94+94+97+92+94= 567.


Last year's deal was 96+93+97+97+95+95= 573.


Personal best so far is 94+93+97+96+98+96= 574 during SSA Monthly Shoot of June 2008.


Well, first of all I'm really thankful to God that I could get back to form just yesterday. Sunday's SSA Monthly Shoot was a far cry from what I should be doing when it's just 2 freaking days to the Nationals. Sigh.. Could I have gotten back my form any time earlier? I don't know. I won't blame anything for that.


Well we got 6th. It was so close yet so far. Our total was 1701 which was 5 points away from 5th, 9 points away from 4th (getting a medal), 13 points away from 3rd (bronze!!). Imagine all of us just had to shoot one more point each for each series, that would make 6x3= 18!!! We'd be third!Arrrgh . It was really wasted. Although there was about 20 points improvement as a team from last year's Nationals, it wasn't exactly enough. Coach was right. He said that we needed at least 1710. It was the number that could get us something.


Sigh.


Nevertheless, I think that no matter whether we win or we don't, as long as we have our purpose right, and our gaze fixed at the One, everything that we do will just be praises to His name. Moreover, regardless of how competitive shooting can become on the individual basis, we still stuck together as a team, and I believe all of us got more bonded together instead. Things like "suit yourself", "draw gun ah, why never ask me join art lesson?", "sux to be you", the killing of the toilet plant with lead water, OJH2, Subway, don't press the ventilator button, storm-trooper suit, milk tea, Taquitos, button buddy makes new friends, etc, shall be the hallmarks of the ARM of 2009- Zaihao, Richmond, Mark and me. :)


For now, I guess it would be the teaching of the J1s and passing of our experiences to them. There is so MUCH potential in them... But no matter how good they eventually turn out to be, how far they will go in their shooting 'career', I hope that they would always remember: Humility.


Lastly, in all things anyone does...


To God be the glory. :)

----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much everyone who prayed/wished me and my team for our Nationals!! It's really heartening to know that there are you guys behind us. :)


To:


APM (Wednesday)- Chun Yong, Hutt Shun, Chris Chia, Nic Tham
APW (Thursday)- Christine, Eunice, Junyi, Joleen
ARW (Thursday)- Debbie, Cherie, Jolene, Clasandra


ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR SHOOT! :D



Think more about your routine than about getting the score that you want. :)

----------------------------------------------------


With Nationals 2009 over, will this be the end of Christopher Lye's shooting 'career'??? :O


Hahaha, we'll see...


NUSIS 2009?


Just maybe. :)

Christopher Lye blogged at 8:41 PM

Change your world
to change the world.


Me

 | 



i am, christopher lye
21 on 15 March 2012






Friends

CJC Shooting Club
Amos
Cassandra
Christine
Dennis
Evelyn
Huibing
Joel
John
Junyi
Phyllis
Rowena
Sock Han
Trisha
Weili
Wilbur
Wynee



Get aSALTed!

Get aSALTed!




The Heart Cry





The Afterglow


2008
September
October
November
December

2009
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August

2010
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2011
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2012
January
February
March
April
May





Credits

Blogskins
Fonts (Dobkin)
Main Pic
Imageshack


some of the images and videos are taken from Google images and Youtube videos respectively

the links have been provided where possible