Photobucket

Wednesday, March 18, 2009



Rorschach



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rorschach1.jpg

Check this out, it's quite interesting --> Rorschach

Yesterday

17 March 2008 was the day that I watch the first M-18 movie with my age powers! Hahaha :D

So after we separated from the meeting, Jiong Le, Chun Yong, Zaihao, Rich, Mark and I went to catch Watchmen. I think it's the first ever super hero movie that requires so much more thinking than just "that's the bad guy, this is the good guy. The good guy beats the bad guy up."

Although some parts were quite..yup, plutonium or whatever they call that, the whole show is nice. :) I was just afraid that it would turn out to be something in which everyone dies eventually. No point watching if it was.


I shan't be a spoiler but this was one thought provoking concept: "Kill millions, to save billions."


I guess it is really true in many ways.

  1. In class, teacher asks the disruptive students to leave.

  2. In schools, students termed as 'bad eggs' are expelled.

  3. In society, criminals are locked up in prisons or executed.

All these actions from the smaller level to the larger level, are done so as to 'save' the majority from the negative influences of the 'bad'.


Why in inverted commas?


If your parent was an ex-convict, would you forgive him, or would you condemn him for the rest of your life? Would he change for the better, or will he never understand how to?


Who determines when NOT to forgive and that someone will NEVER learn from his/her mistakes? What makes them so sure? Instincts? Haha, what are your instincts based on then?


At the life and death level, who is to play God? Is that taking up responsibility because God does not seem to do anything? Who is He to you? A by-stander who knows everything but does NOTHING about it?


In the movie, Dr. Manhattan had foresight, can travel through time, and he was indestructable, truly like a god. There was an instant that he could save a pregnant mother from being shot. But he didn't do so. I believe he could see it coming, but he didn't lift a finger to save her.


Why??


Have you ever thought about people who can see the future before?


If they are totally sure of the future, then doesn't it render our choices we make in daily life redundant?


Just imagine this:


One day, I go to a fortune teller and ask for my future to be read, about the day that I will die. What would the fortune teller reply me? Will he say that I'll die in a week's time? A year's time? If so, there in my hands will be a gun. I can CHOOSE life or death myself.

Of course that would be practically inane just to prove that fella wrong.


I've also heard a similar story before.


It went something like this:


There was a young man who heard of this wise old sage. So he decided that he should visit him to see how wise he was actually.


He had a sparrow in his hand as he approached the old man.


Covering his hand over the tiny creature, he posed the question to the sage, "Is this sparrow dead, or alive?"


The sage replied "It's future is in your hands."



Future reading may be true, BUT, I strongly believe that it is only so, to the point where one makes a choice.


So, back to our question.


Why doesn't God seem to do anything?


Personally, I guess it's because of love. The freedom to be who we want to be, what we want to do, and how we want to live our lives are totally in our control. Perhaps, it might be more than that as well. We may also have the power to take away the freedom of others, and their lives. With so much power and control, are we restricted in any way?


The only restriction that we face would be the fact that we are affected by one another. Humans are social creatures and we live as a community. A population of us make up our human race. 6.76 BILLION (as quoted from Wikipedia).


What we do, affects another either positively or negatively. What we do, affects our future in a similar way. There are too many kinds of scenarios to list down here, but there's just one that I would like to bring to the stage:


Person A was watering her flowers at the corridor of the HDB flat on the 5th floor. Suddenly, there came a huge gust of wind that made her jerk the pot. Wheee...... Down the pot went.

-ponk!-

It hits person B and person B dies.

Person C was walking beside person B and was person B's husband. He looked up and


"!@#$%^&*!!!!?!!!!????!!!!???!!!!@#$%^^&*!@#$%^&*!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!"


He blames person A.


Person A was charged for manslaughter and evaded execution and was granted parole.


Person C couldn't believe it.


That punishment would not heal his broken heart and the loss that he had experienced.


He thirsts for revenge for his only beloved wife.


He planned to kill person A, and eventually, his plan was successful.


Person A dies.


Now person A's family might come into the picture.


Okay, let's see now. If we bring in issues of race, nationality, and religion, things may be a bit more knotty.


Resentment and angst increase because respective groups/communities of people empathize with one another and hold feelings against one another.


Holding grudges are just ticking time bombs. Whoever knows the extent of damage that can be done by it?


As much power as we have to kill, we have the same amount to forgive too. What do we choose to do with it?


If we can all consciously make the right choices, what and how much will we be able to change for the better?


How much capacity of forgiveness have we?


Try rating yourself.


1-100.


As stewards of His creation,
we are to protect and preserve it.
-----------------------------------------------------

Today

7.30am detail is ARGH! I had to wake up at 6am today and leave house at around 6.20am!


2 hours.


I guess I'm getting back my form a little by little. Stress will just kick in once school starts again. Or it already has. Yellow oh yellow... That poem I composed still expresses how I feel. All the words just seem to fit into place. Haha

--------------------------------------------------------

And I now I know that 857 takes much longer than the MRT route to come back to school from Safra. Jammed on the CTE as it would usually be.


Sigh.


Shooting in the morning tires me out man. The night's still the best. Didn't join shooters for lunch in town, said they were going to catch a movie as well. Heard it was COMING SOON. Erm, yeah, it came. Lol and they were saying: Imagine if the movie was coming soon, it would be, "Coming soon, Coming Soon." and Junyi insisted that the name was coming soon. Yeah, so what's the name then? It is Coming Soon. -.-

-------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm going to blade later at the roofless den.


Let it roll.

Christopher Lye blogged at 3:01 PM

Change your world
to change the world.


Me

 | 



i am, christopher lye
21 on 15 March 2012






Friends

CJC Shooting Club
Amos
Cassandra
Christine
Dennis
Evelyn
Huibing
Joel
John
Junyi
Phyllis
Rowena
Sock Han
Trisha
Weili
Wilbur
Wynee



Get aSALTed!

Get aSALTed!




The Heart Cry





The Afterglow


2008
September
October
November
December

2009
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August

2010
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2011
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2012
January
February
March
April
May





Credits

Blogskins
Fonts (Dobkin)
Main Pic
Imageshack


some of the images and videos are taken from Google images and Youtube videos respectively

the links have been provided where possible