Photobucket

Friday, March 27, 2009



The Speech



http://eben.com/press/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/gfx_060508e.jpg

“Alright, I’m sure yall might be wondering right now why I’m talking to yall right now and not after training. I only do so if I see this as a really important thing so I’m doing it now. What I’d be saying will be more relevant to the J2s, but J1s, yall just sit in for this. Don’t worry yall will still have time for your monthly shoot.


First and foremost, to let all of you know, the competition that we have all been waiting for, has begun- Nationals. For us, the A-division shooters, our competition dates all fall 3 consecutive days next week- Tuesday for Air Rifle Men, Wednesday for Air Pistol Men, and Thursday, for Air Pistol Women and Air Rifle Women.


Personally, this whole competition reminds me of O’levels. Why? Two years ago for the J2s and one year ago for the J1s. You guys may recall. I don’t know if yall did some countdown which my school Zhonghua did so too. At first it was like so far away man, like around 200+ days to O’levels. Wooh who cares?! There’s still a lot of time for us man. Or rather, it felt as if we had a lot of time to spare for other things. Time flies, time really flies…


Anyway Christine will be distributing the coloured paper to the J2s now. Yall can choose your favourite colours from there although there isn’t that much variety I think. With the papers, write your names on them anywhere. Next, pass your paper to the person on the right, and make sure you have a different piece of paper with you now. Okay, right now, we’ll write words of affirmation to your friends. Due to the lack of time, try not to make it into a GP essay k? Yall can write more later, just write a bit first. You can write anywhere and leave your name. After doing so, pass the piece of paper that you’re holding on to the person to your right. Even if you’re not so close to everyone, do write something nice. AND please don’t mention thinks like “I think your breath stinks.” And “how did you do for CTs?” Guys just take it seriously.


Lately, I’ve been using this special cup of mine. I like black. I think black is cool. Shiny… :D I guess yall might find me weird and all but hey, look at this cup, it’s not ordinary okay… Well, at least it has a 600 there la. So whenever I take a drink or eat ice-cream or anything, I’ll use this cup. And wow, what does it remind me of? SHOOTING! :D cool right? It always reminds me of what I aim for. 600 for breakfast, 600 when I’m sleeping, 600 first thing in the morning, 600 everywhere.


Maybe yall can try it too, like write the ideal score that yall would want to attain on your cup or something. :D


But what the ****!!! What should this matter to me? Will it TRULY help me improve and give me the confidence that I need? Will it really give YOU the confidence that you need too? What are scores? What are they? Can ANYONE here tell me what they are? YEAH! They are A BUNCH OF ****-ing numbers!!! Sorry guys, pardon my language, I’ll pay to the swearbox later.


WHAT point am I trying to make right now? Look, what you have in your hands is something so much more important than the mere digits that were written on that ****-ing cup. What YOU have in YOUR HANDS right now is not just a piece of stupid coloured paper. What YOU have now are a bunch of affirmations! Why are they important? Let me just ask all of you here. WHAT is it that YOU think of when you shoot? Be it the score, your friends, or just the card, there will be AT LEAST once when negative thoughts start to come to your mind. Even the strongest willed person will encounter an occasion that he feels that it’s too much to bear etc. What will happen then?


All it takes is just one point to be second. All it takes is for you to lose confidence. That’s when your opponents consume you like a pack of ravaging wolves. Maybe you can resist the negativity that goes on in your mind. But are you always so strong ALONE? WE ARE A CLUB! Hey, look, pieces of paper they may seem to you. But take a look at them again. When was the last time you ever affirmed someone from the club other than those from your clique? WHEN WAS THAT? Oh, I forgot, it never happened. But here, you have the whole list of affirmations from your friends. When you return home today, laminate this up, frame it up or whatever, for it is what you will look at, and where you should turn to for confidence. They will be the positive thoughts that will linger and resound in the silent atmosphere of YOU and the target card. And YOU, will have a renewed confidence. Right now, regardless of what score you are shooting, do what you do best. But at the same time, NEVER EVER limit yourself to the boundless potential that us humans are capable of. That will to score for Nationals is but the very same will that allows us to stay alive on the verge of death. When was it that CJ shooting club bows down to other schools in the FACE of competition? NEVER.


Guys… Nationals have begun...



…which means that it’s time for us to win. :D"


------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about swearing again. I don't swear unnecessarily.

------------------------------------------------------


What will it all mean eventually?


God, please be with all of us...


Let there be light,
when there is darkness.

Christopher Lye blogged at 11:20 PM

Change your world
to change the world.


Me

 | 



i am, christopher lye
21 on 15 March 2012






Friends

CJC Shooting Club
Amos
Cassandra
Christine
Dennis
Evelyn
Huibing
Joel
John
Junyi
Phyllis
Rowena
Sock Han
Trisha
Weili
Wilbur
Wynee



Get aSALTed!

Get aSALTed!




The Heart Cry





The Afterglow


2008
September
October
November
December

2009
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August

2010
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2011
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2012
January
February
March
April
May





Credits

Blogskins
Fonts (Dobkin)
Main Pic
Imageshack


some of the images and videos are taken from Google images and Youtube videos respectively

the links have been provided where possible