Photobucket

Thursday, April 02, 2009



The Inner-most Circle



1. List down as many names of the people you know who fall into the 8 respective categories.
2. Place the names anywhere in the picture you find most appropriate! :)


Hey, this is no whole-sale copying from the RE lessons that I have in school okay!!! Haha, I just find the idea rather applicable in this post of mine.

-------------------------------------------------------


'Busy' is what we often say that we are. Very much so for many of us, but how busy are we really? It still boils down to the fundamentals of how one prioritises his or her time. There are times when I get too busy that I am not able to talk that much with friends whom I really want to know how they are doing. As I have made my second step on the tertiary level, my range of friends increases. Same goes with everyone else. Ah, yeah, needless to say actually. The thing is, with so many friends around you, who would you choose to be in your inner circle?


You know, I have tried it out before. There were many times that I have tried allowing a lot of people to come to my inner circle. But it turns out that it got too tiring for me. It seemed like a burden instead. I guess there is a limit to the amount of friends that you can include in that inner circle of yours. Depending on one's lifestyle, age, family and many other factors, the inner circle varies among individuals. Some people would have more, others less. I guess everyone will be just as burdened if they had too many people in their inner circle at any one time. Hmmm... But I think the interesting thing is that our inner circle does move as we walk through the various phases of our lives.


Many times, we feel distant from the people whom we place in our inner circle. It feels as if they aren't even close at all. Things like 'i will be there for you anytime', and 'you can count on me anytime' are pretty assuring, aren't they? But as much as these words can be a form of affirmation to your close friend, it may very well seem like a big fat lie when you aren't there for them when they need you. I believe that we should not take a cynical outlook when friends aren't really there for us when we need them because if they are really our true friends, like what a friend of mine used to say, they are just... Standing by. :)


What constitutes a true friend? I'm sure you guys all have never-ending lists of adjectives to describe one. But I guess it would be one who has the wisdom of knowing when to take a pro-active stance to console and understand, and a passive stance to make themselves as far as possible, available for their friend to find solace.


There has to be THAT wisdom.


We human beings are FINITE. A cup of water we are. The water signifies the love that we have in our hearts. If we share our hearts with one another, or in other words, when we love one another, the water is shared among you and your friends. Let's give the water that one has a number. Let's say 10. If this guy hears four of his friends out for say 2 hours each. As the saying goes 'a burden shared, is a burden halved'; all of them felt 'lighter' after that. But in terms of water points, this guy has only 2 water points left!


Yes, he does feel drained. He IS drained as he gives his love to his four other friends. On earth here, our love is expressed in rather tangible ways as we are ourselves, a 'tangible' being. I do believe that there are people around who can or have reached that level of expressing love in intangible ways to others. Ah well, back to tangible. It is mainly expressed in the forms of buying gifts (money) and/or time (spending time).


We as humans are just so limited, really. For example, if my future wife asks for the moon, the most that I can do is to bring her there with all the money that I have got. I cannot pluck it out from the sky like I would with apples and pears. In other words, I am NOT God. We are not. Everything that we do is at the cost of another. Haha, I'd rather hold my tongue because I think you guys already know the two words that I have used before. (hint: o/c)


So you see, there is a limit to each and everyone of us here. Unless we fill ourselves with the love of God, we, with our love, will wither like a plant in winter. Only God's love is everlasting. Serious! Go try loving someone with your love and heck about God in your love life, just heck about Him. I think that no matter how much both of you are able to say to one another, no matter how well yall clique with one another, even though yall may last for your lifetime as husband and wife, there will surely be that something that yall will lack. And that something is God.


Not in any relationship now? Well, let's take it down to a level that all of us should be able to comprehend better- friends.


As I have mentioned about the cup of water earlier and how finite we are, I think yall would have gotten the idea already. If you are able to talk to your friends at that spiritual level, and think about life and all its meaning, I think that THAT friendship that you have, is a deep one.


Being spiritual and thinking about life's meaning doesn't mean to take up the calling to become a priest, nun, or any religious. What bullshit if you thought so! Do not associate so much people who have faith with the religious. "Wow, you have lots of faith...so next time you want to be a priest la?" Nonsense. Neither am I saying that it is bad and it is a crime being a religious. I just want to clarify to anyone out there reading this, that it doesn't take you to become a religious to have faith. Flip through that book that you have been shunning from EVERYDAY of your life and you'll know! David was a shepherd. Matthew was a tax collector. There are many other characters out there too.


Anyway, coming back, if you ever want to lend someone your listening ear, or your shoulder to cry on, just remember that you CAN try giving them YOUR love.



But ask yourself then, how long will YOUR love last?


----------------------------------------------------


Ah, I really can go on and on like this. There is just SO much meaning in almost anything if you just place GOD in the innermost circle of your life. Trust me, that's all you ever need to do in this life. You would even find the most boring things in life the most meaningful of all. :)


-------------------------------------------------


I have been picking up my exercising routine now that Nationals are over.


Well, when friends are busy, exercising has usually been the other solution that I can turn to.


Endorphins, adrenaline, serotonin...


They help me release it all.

----------------------------------------------------

I need time, it will only be a sign of love. I do not think it's now, but I will hold on to you if you have me in your heart too. Love conquers all, so does it conquer time, one of its greatest enemies...



I do not want you to be there for me...
...cos I just want you to be here, with me.

Christopher Lye blogged at 6:46 PM

Change your world
to change the world.


Me

 | 



i am, christopher lye
21 on 15 March 2012






Friends

CJC Shooting Club
Amos
Cassandra
Christine
Dennis
Evelyn
Huibing
Joel
John
Junyi
Phyllis
Rowena
Sock Han
Trisha
Weili
Wilbur
Wynee



Get aSALTed!

Get aSALTed!




The Heart Cry





The Afterglow


2008
September
October
November
December

2009
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August

2010
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2011
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2012
January
February
March
April
May





Credits

Blogskins
Fonts (Dobkin)
Main Pic
Imageshack


some of the images and videos are taken from Google images and Youtube videos respectively

the links have been provided where possible