
Friday, March 25, 2011

http://www.tabletennisexperts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Table_Tennis_Racquets.jpg
And the highlight for today was......playing table tennis with my grandfather! :D
I really learnt a lot from him and the other professionals during the one and a half hour session with them. Everyone there were much older than me yet they seemed to have more flexibility and agility!
My grandfather started me off with some strokes to 'dust of the rust' accumulated from years of being dormant in the game. Even the rubber's almost lost its tension.
Argh. I didn't manage to get the momentum initially when playing with my grandfather. Man..I should have known better not to bat an eyelid when my father said that my grandfather was a good player. Those who were there held high regard for him, like he was a respected legend. Wow.. My grandfather. :)
Oh well.. And here a noob enters the hall with a dusty bat. -.-
I kinda sucked quite bad when my grandfather decided to team up with me to play doubles with his 2 other friends. Yeah, you've guessed it right. I dragged down my team! D: No matter how quick my grandfather's reflexes were, and no matter how many smashes and fast balls he returned, I made silly mistakes and gave the point to the opponent. 3 games with a 11/6 win each. We lost.
Hmmm.
Though he didn't utter anything about the match, but gave a friendly smile each time I made a mistake, I could sense that he was kinda disappointed by his grandson's performance. But knowing that I hadn't been practising table tennis for years, he let his displeasure pass.
I felt bad not being able to meet his standards and be better at my strokes during the session earlier on, and especially being the downfall of the team.
Nevertheless, I didn't let that guilt stay with me for long and continued to play with the other expert players there. :)
The auntie who was training me told me not to hold back, and that I can actually hit much harder- I just had to be more natural and give the bat a swing to deliver more powerful shots.
"Whack, and don't hold back!"
Sounds violent man..
Haha, anyway, I am really happy that I could spend those few hours with my grandfather. :)
If only my grandmother could open up to people more..
---------------------------------------------------
And I hope my re-applications would be successful this time round!!
---------------------------------------------------
It's gonna be a long morning tmr helping out my mum. :)
Have a great day too! :D


