
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Guess what?!
I'm no longer a TEEN!
And guess what again?!
I'm still not an ADULT. -.-"
Cos I'm 20 today. :)
---------------------------------------------------
Well.. Since I'm 20, I guess I ought to share some of the things that I have learnt throughout these 2 decades right??
Here are just 3 of them. :)
--------------------------------------------
Life
I took this picture of the pink flower during my China, Guangxi trip and I really love it. It is one of my favourite pictures.
And I hope I am able to describe how I feel about this picture to you guys through this poem I composed.
Enjoy. :)
so beautifully designed; rich in colour
By painting the garden with a thousand hues
thus changing the world with love from you
The petals, all so well-spaced
like the dreams in life that we all chase
blossom as time goes on
bringing beauty to whoever that comes along
Bundled together for a valentine;
The gift of oneself of what is thine
Rain and light is hidden from what is seen;
It is neither projected on the silver screen
A flower quietly voices its fragility
and so does life; disobeying eternity
Things from dust all fade to gray
Flowers do not last, and neither does life stay
But flowers still bloom during their time
and life moves on, leaving the past behind
Towards the sun a flower reaches out
So shall we of life be proud
I am a flower
so beautifully designed
-"Flower" by Christopher Lye-
---------------------------------------------------
Freedom
When we were young, we just wished that we could be a little bit older, just so to get that freedom that older people get.
Yet, when we get older, we hope to relive the days when we had no care in the world; days when we could soak ourselves in the freedom experienced by a child.
Oh.
Did I say 'freedom' again?
Yes I did, cos that's the irony! Haha.
without the responsibility of an adult.
And there is no freedom,
without the love of a child.
---------------------------------------------------
Love
This is one of my favourite quotes that I've come across:
"Love is not blind - it sees more, not less.
But because it sees more, it is willing to see less."
--------------------------------------------------
Last but not least, to all those who have already hit their 20s or are going to hit it soon, this is for you.
Never let go of the love you once knew; so sincere, so pure, while chasing this teenage dream to become a responsible adult.


