Photobucket

Friday, July 01, 2011



Rejected


-Tom Cruise, at the age of 21.



-Model of a magazine.



Well.. Yeah, the appeal didn't get through to NTU. Maybe I didn't give my best for my portfolio? Most of my friends have already secured a place in a University right now and I've got one more try at Uni applications. I've got friends who are on their way to become very successful people. Some lawyers, some doctors, dentists, a few accountants... Things start to get quite serious, especially when I've reached 20 cos the decisions I make tend to make a greater impact on my life and on the lives of others. It's no longer like how it was in my younger days when I can be so carefree..



I never blame anyone for my current predicament cos I believe whatever happened, happened for a God-intended reason.



But sigh..


Art may be something I would love to do, but I can't only let what I love to do be my only factor of making decisions, can't I? Will my future career provide stability for my future family? Will I be able to give my future wife and children a sense of security? I will never depend on a girl to start a family cos that would be too shameless. As the guy, I am meant to give, and meant to lead and I won't shy away from that role no matter what.


Art's rather subjective. And not everyone appreciates your work, and the way you see things. Just like each one of us. Not everyone appreciates God's creation, apparently.


These are 2 of my more recent works, but it's incomparable to what's beautiful still..


Anyway, I did think of going to poly to take up some other course that can lay the grounds for a successful career for me. And from there, I guess I'll make my way to Uni.


The harder and riskier option is to retake A's.


Triple science in secondary school and bio + chem combination in JC.. Maybe I'll take the path of the doctor once more? I'm not sure if I can do that through poly though..


SIM would be quite ex, especially when my siblings need to further their studies too. And I should be more independent by now. I gotta be more 'up there' so that the younger ones can have a good example to follow too.


-----------------------------------------------------


And what was I thinking back then? What am I doing when I can't offer a good life as yet?


I guess I really gotta help myself before I go on supporting other people.


For the case of what I'd be doing about it, there's only one word right now that explains it all:


Inconclusive.


--------------------------------------------------------


I gotta be more responsible.

Christopher Lye blogged at 6:33 PM

Change your world
to change the world.


Me

 | 



i am, christopher lye
21 on 15 March 2012






Friends

CJC Shooting Club
Amos
Cassandra
Christine
Dennis
Evelyn
Huibing
Joel
John
Junyi
Phyllis
Rowena
Sock Han
Trisha
Weili
Wilbur
Wynee



Get aSALTed!

Get aSALTed!




The Heart Cry





The Afterglow


2008
September
October
November
December

2009
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August

2010
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2011
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2012
January
February
March
April
May





Credits

Blogskins
Fonts (Dobkin)
Main Pic
Imageshack


some of the images and videos are taken from Google images and Youtube videos respectively

the links have been provided where possible