Photobucket

Friday, May 18, 2012



Refer to Appendix

Surgery http://farm1.staticflickr.com/124/384260243_5f2f09ee15.jpg

http://www.savagechickens.com/images/chickenreal2.jpg
http://davinciballs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/davinci-balls-022-surgeons-buffet.png

http://www.toonpool.com/user/7048/files/plastic_surgery_924485.jpg

Yupp, I guess when I don't heed the quieter signs that God uses to tell me to slow down and rest, He would have to tell it to me some other way. I had my second surgery done on Wednesday.


-------------------------------------------


I could smell traces of blood in the air as I was wheeled into the Operation Theatre. The doctors were talking and discussing why the surgeon, who was supposed to operate on me, hadn't arrived yet. They said that the surgeon's phone was engaged and he was uncontactable. And poor me, I was still conscious and hearing all that. D:


WELL..


Thank God for one doc who reassured me that I was in good hands. :)


It took around 1.5hours for my appendix to be removed. For a moment, I awoke in a blur to the sound of the heart-rate monitor and I was restless. I recall asking "Was the surgery successful?" and getting a reply of "Yes, the surgery was a success." I went back to unconsciousness immediately after that. The next thing I knew, I was already lying down on my bed in my ward. I couldn't open my eyes or move my body even though I heard familiar voices all over. Only after a while did I realise that my sister and her bf, my other sisters, father, grandfather were all there (if I remembered correctly).

------------------------------------------

I'd just like to thank all my family members and friends for showing concern in one way or another these days. I'd like to thank all my friends who have wished me well and prayed for me either by text, Tweets, or FB. :)


And for calling to check on me daily too. :D


Thanks to Rich for dropping by during his break, Zhenwei for spending part of his day-off to visit me (though I missed his 21st bday celebration), and Shiwei and Estella for going all the way to TTSH but not knowing that I was discharged and still going to my grandparents' place to see me (and the chocolates too). :D


And of course, my dad for burning 2 days of leave to spend the first 2 days in the hospital with me, and my mum for taking the next day's shift. They literally have been by my side all day and all night long. And I really appreciate them for that. Last but not least, I have only the good Lord to thank for a really smooth surgery! :D


One of my classmates wished "May you have a speedy recovery (when I say speedy, I don't mean for you to RUN for it)" Haha!


I'll be running soon.


But for now..



When God says rest, I shall rest. :)


Christopher Lye blogged at 11:54 PM

Change your world
to change the world.


Me

 | 



i am, christopher lye
21 on 15 March 2012






Friends

CJC Shooting Club
Amos
Cassandra
Christine
Dennis
Evelyn
Huibing
Joel
John
Junyi
Phyllis
Rowena
Sock Han
Trisha
Weili
Wilbur
Wynee



Get aSALTed!

Get aSALTed!




The Heart Cry





The Afterglow


2008
September
October
November
December

2009
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August

2010
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2011
January
February
March
April
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

2012
January
February
March
April
May





Credits

Blogskins
Fonts (Dobkin)
Main Pic
Imageshack


some of the images and videos are taken from Google images and Youtube videos respectively

the links have been provided where possible