
Saturday, May 26, 2012

http://ns223506.ovh.net/rozne/e2465ee46e7266122cc71e4cae584dd6/wallpaper-1679292.jpg
War.
No matter how much any country boasts about having the best army, air force, or navy, nobody's really prepared for it. When it happens, people cower with fear in the shadows. Only those who step out, right in the face of the pandemonium, are those that truly deserve respect. For it means that, despite their fears, courage and a sense of duty arises from the depth of their hearts to be responsible for the ones they love and are worth dying for. No soldier would go to a war if he doesn't have anyone or anything to fight for.
---------------------------------------
It just felt so real last night...
We were in enemy territory. Upon intercepting the enemy's communication lines, what we heard was nothing but a message that brought panic among us.
"We found them."
Our position was compromised and we needed to evacuate the area, even if it meant increasing our chances of survival by less than one percent.
I was a few hundred metres away from the main body when a hostile airstrike bombarded the area into bits. Even though they were surreal comrades from my dream, I couldn't help but feel a sense of loss, as I stood disillusioned at this horrific scene.
---------------------------------------
When I awoke earlier this morning, I still felt a tinge of compunction and perturbation in me and that led me to feel unprepared despite all the training that I had gone through in those 2 years.
Nobody wants war to ever happen.
We can only train and hope for the best.
---------------------------------------
I haven't been having much sleep lately. So much on my mind that bothers me. I had been on my bed since 10.30pm last night but insomnia kicked in and the last time I saw the clock was 2am.
Ugh.
Long have I experienced that sense of serenity in my sleep.
So much for "7 hours of uninterrupted rest".
The night before had been a weird one too. Having to wake up smiling so widely just looks so retarded. .__. I dreamt of someone ridiculously asking me to fix a 3 piece French loaf. As it was such a nonsensical request, I smiled so widely that I smiled in reality. It seemed as if I was fantasizing.. Dang.. That made me wake up, by the way.
-----------------------------------------
With all that said, I can only hope that tonight will not be another war in my mind.
-----------------------------------------
On a lighter note, for those who watch the reality series "How I Met Your Mother", I just thought of something, random:

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9031/wallpaper611214.jpg
Depends on which way you see it. xD


